Travelling to CLSB from Muswell Hill

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Helpneeded

Travelling to CLSB from Muswell Hill

Post by Helpneeded »

Wondering about the journey to CLSB from Muswell Hill for DS (currently 10. Will just be 11 in September). Does anyone have experience of the journey and how manageable it is? I think I would drop him at Highgate tube then it is 20 mins to Bank and a walk the other end.
drinkmoretea

Re: Travelling to CLSB from Muswell Hill

Post by drinkmoretea »

One option is bus to Finsbury Park then overland to Blackfriars on Thameslink. There are supposed to be some direct trains now, but may have to change at kings cross to the st Pancras Thameslink platforms.

Definitely keep an eye on the timetable for that route as trains may become more frequent. From Blackfriars you can walk (via river) to CLS without crossing any roads.

Did you prefer CLS to highgate? I just wondered because you are much closer to highgate.
Rhinoo

Post by Rhinoo »

Helpneeded wrote:Wondering about the journey to CLSB from Muswell Hill for DS (currently 10. Will just be 11 in September). Does anyone have experience of the journey and how manageable it is? I think I would drop him at Highgate tube then it is 20 mins to Bank and a walk the other end.
Loads of CLS boys take the High Barnet branch but the typical journey would be change at Kentish Town for the Thameslink to Blackfriars (every 15 minutes and less busy than tube) or stay on the Northern Line to Embankment and make easy change to District/Circle to Blackfriars. Bank station is a nightmare at rush hour and then a fair walk to the school given it takes a good while just to get to street level... even though it looks better than the other two because no changes it's by far the worst journey of the three. Added benefit of Blackfriars is you walk to school (5 mins} along the riverside not the road.
Helpneeded

Post by Helpneeded »

Thanks both. The Finsbury Park/Blackfriars sounds promising.
I didn’t like Highgate as much for DS.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now