Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:23 am 

A school bus departs from Radlett at 7:50am. I heard for other school bus route it was a much longer trip than the published schedule, so was wondering how this route was like.

Another option is taking trains from Elstree to St Albans City Station, then there is a one mile walk between train station and the school.

Could someone please advise which option is better? Thanks.

PS. We need to drop DS to Elstree/Radlett in the morning and collect him from Elstree/Radlett in the afternoon. Not a problem for us in that respect.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:00 pm 

Hi there - my 2 have been taking that coach from Radlett for the past 3 years. The first 2 yrs, no problems aside of inevitable occasional traffic problems that can affect any school coach. It is a busy route, ending in Hatch End so is probably more prone to delays. Having said that, number of times late for school no more than a small handful and journey time from Radlett to SA around 25 mins.

This past academic year however... a nightmare frankly due to continual road works from Radlett area right up to SA (incl this week around St Stephen's area of SA). We get a few halcyon weeks of normal service & then chaos again. I work from home and many a time have resorted to driving straight to school. I'm sure for next academic year things will improve again, but I suspect this is where the '30 mins plus' has come from. Personally I'd still go with the coach service - it's excellent service and good value for money - and see how it goes. Trains from Radlett are regular - morning tickets are c. £5 (peak) and I think £3 in afternoon. The walk from station to school is fine on dry days (and I've seen plenty of SA children do it) - not so sure it would be fun with kit bags/ musical instruments in the rain! It would definitely be a workable option for you though.

Hope that helps & oh, we can't speak highly enough of the school, a great choice!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:32 am 

baggies4ever, thank you very much for your reply. it is very helpful.