Travelling to St Albans School from Stanmore

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

GCSEthenexthurdle?

Travelling to St Albans School from Stanmore

Post by GCSEthenexthurdle? »

Dear All, Anyone travelling to St Albans School from Stanmore? Looks like the commute to St Albans boys is around 25 mins without traffic. We have a school coach coming closer to our house. Given a chance we prefer our DS to spend less time on travel which would leave him with enough spare time for his favourite activities after school.
We have also noticed in the school's coach route booklet that the travel time between Arkley Hotel in High Barnet to the school is less when compared to Radlett/Elstree which we thought are closer to the school.
We may have to move closer to the school if the travel is not feasible keeping the next 7 years in mind. Any suggestions please ?
Kingfisher

Re: Travelling to St Albans School from Stanmore

Post by Kingfisher »

This school is very well served by coach and Stanmore is on their list.

https://www.st-albans.herts.sch.uk/wp-c ... 8-2019.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would imagine next year would be similar. Ring up and ask.
GCSEthenexthurdle?

Re: Travelling to St Albans School from Stanmore

Post by GCSEthenexthurdle? »

Thanks for the reply Kingfisher. We have been going through the coach route ever since my DS attended the callback session. I think I almost managed to memorise the routes now :lol: . As you rightly said, the coach service has great connectivity. Will have to do some homework before narrowing down few feasible options. Now looking forward for the Matriculation evening !
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now