Bancrofts v Brentwood

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Fortitude

Bancrofts v Brentwood

Post by Fortitude »

Our DD has offers from both Bancrofts and Brentwood and all of a sudden we are torn between the two. Both will require us moving house so distance not an issue. Has anyone got any experience of the two? We have visited both schools and seem to like both. Brentwood seem more spacious with more opportunities for sports, music and drama. We weren't quite sure how Bancroft compares. I also seem to like the fact that Brentwood educate boys and girls separately until the sixth form however Bancrofts seem to be better academically so we think will challenge our daughter better. Any thoughts will help as we need to decide this week!
caracola

Re: Bancrofts v Brentwood

Post by caracola »

Our DD goes to Brentwood and loves it. The ethos is v inclusive - e.g. she has never been particularly sporty but has been encouraged to try new sports and join teams, and so after years of thinking that she was rubbish at sport she is taking part at a level that suits her and enjoying sport for its own sake. Have been impressed with the academic and pastoral aspects of the school too - 19 subjects in First Year so plenty of academic challenge. I like the fact that the boys and girls are taught separately but can mix outside of lessons, and also the small class sizes (I think generally 18-20 in a class).

No experience of Bancroft's I'm afraid so I cannot compare but can highly recommend Brentwood. Happy to DM if you want more info.
Fortitude

Re: Bancrofts v Brentwood

Post by Fortitude »

caracola wrote:Our DD goes to Brentwood and loves it. The ethos is v inclusive - e.g. she has never been particularly sporty but has been encouraged to try new sports and join teams, and so after years of thinking that she was rubbish at sport she is taking part at a level that suits her and enjoying sport for its own sake. Have been impressed with the academic and pastoral aspects of the school too - 19 subjects in First Year so plenty of academic challenge. I like the fact that the boys and girls are taught separately but can mix outside of lessons, and also the small class sizes (I think generally 18-20 in a class).

No experience of Bancroft's I'm afraid so I cannot compare but can highly recommend Brentwood. Happy to DM if you want more info.
Thanks Caracola. I'll DM you.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now