Do ISEB Common Pretests Include Spatial Reasoning Questions?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ontarget

Do ISEB Common Pretests Include Spatial Reasoning Questions?

Post by ontarget »

Does anyone know if the ISEB common pretests include spatial reasoning questions as part of the nonverbal section? The website says nonverbal and doesn't say anything about spatial.
scary mum

Re: Do ISEB Common Pretests Include Spatial Reasoning Questi

Post by scary mum »

This page states that non-verbal reasoning question styles include shape analogies, classes like, horizontal codes. Does this help?

It also states:
No special preparation is required for the Common Pre-Tests, which are designed to identify potential as well as attainment. Practice tests are not available. Examples and practice questions, where relevant, are provided during the tests so that candidates understand what they have to do. Each question is answered by choosing an answer from a selection shown on the screen. Each question must be answered and candidates cannot go back to previous questions. While taking the tests, candidates are able to track their progress within the test (number of questions answered in relation to overall number of questions).

The use of pen/pencil and paper is not permitted in the verbal reasoning, non-verbal reasoning or English tests. However, candidates should have access to pen/pencil and paper for their rough work during the mathematics test.

A new familiarisation test is available which senior schools can share with candidates' parents.
Presumably you can obtain a copy of the familiarisation test which would answer your question?
scary mum
ontarget

Re: Do ISEB Common Pretests Include Spatial Reasoning Questi

Post by ontarget »

Thanks, that does help.
I wasn't aware of the familiarisation paper. I will look into that.

Horizontal codes, I recognise from nonverbal. Not exactly sure what shape analogies and classes like are, but I think they sound more like nonverbal than spatial.