St Paul's girls

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Frosty2017

St Paul's girls

Post by Frosty2017 »

DD took the exam today, would be good to hear how others found it. She sounded reasonably upbeat when I picked her up, but later admitted she struggled with a few questions in maths and comprehension so hard to tell really. She is also applying to a few (more realistic) consortium schools, last exam this Friday.
Stilljuggling

Re: St Paul's girls

Post by Stilljuggling »

My dd enjoyed the English and Comprehension (General) papers but struggled in the maths (her weakest subject). She missed out questions in both Section B and Section C so not hopeful.
Bee

Post by Bee »

My DD sat the exam today and said it was very difficult, both maths and English. One of the hardest papers she's done so far.

Would be nice to hear from other parents about their DDs experience
Frosty2017

Post by Frosty2017 »

Stilljuggling I wouldn't be too pessimistic if your dd thinks she did well in English and comprehension. I am sure the school is as keen on strong writers as they are on strong mathematicians! I think mine left a couple of questions out in the comprehension (general) paper which is why I'm not too hopeful. Anyway, it sounds a bit pointless to try and second guess the outcome based on her feedback so we'll move on (until next week :mrgreen: ). It would be good to hear from more though!
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Hi all, I have a DD very interested in looking at St Paul's for next year. I know of a girl who got offered a place last year. She mentioned missing a couple of questions out in the maths section, yet managed to get an interview and a place. In our school (state primary) 3 girls sat for St Paul's and only one made it past the computer test. They were all very good candidates. Well done and best of luck to your DD's! They've done really well!
Celeste999

Post by Celeste999 »

My dd found the maths rather easier than the samples given on the website but feels pretty downbeat about the general/science paper so not feeling very optimistic. As you said Frosty we have to move on and focus on the next exam on Friday!
LostInTheShuffle

Post by LostInTheShuffle »

I was browsing this site after a long absence and came across this thread.

Thought I would share, to hopefully ease the anxiety of parents and their DDs, that my DD (Year 8 at SPGS - took the exam two years ago) received an offer even though her performance on the English paper was “less strong” (quoted from DD’s offer letter). It was heartening to us that the school evaluated applicants broadly and this factored into our secondary school decision-making.

Best of luck to your DDs.
Stilljuggling

Post by Stilljuggling »

Does anyone know if every candidate gets a response today (interview or no interview)? We have heard nothing either way. Many thanks.
S999

Post by S999 »

A wondering the same. I called and was told candidates will be contacted by the end of today...
nylon14

Post by nylon14 »

We found out this morning and the interview is next Wednesday! It feels like its almost too quick.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now