Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tipsy

Post by tipsy »

This info is great - thanks!
stevew61

Re: Eton or Winchester

Post by stevew61 »

tipsy wrote:I want him to go to Eton for social advancement but if he ends up in college will he be surrounded by nerds who will not offer the social aspect that you have described? Thanks again!
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. :cry:

Tipsy if that is your genuine opinion then I support your freedom to express it, but I am not sure expressing it helps you or your son's cause.

Good luck with your tough decision and best wishes,

stevew61
happymum

Post by happymum »

stevew61 wrote:
tipsy wrote:I want him to go to Eton for social advancement but if he ends up in college will he be surrounded by nerds who will not offer the social aspect that you have described? Thanks again!
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. :cry:

Tipsy if that is your genuine opinion then I support your freedom to express it, but I am not sure expressing it helps you or your son's cause.

Good luck with your tough decision and best wishes,

stevew61
I'm afraid I have to agree - I'm concerned you're letting that chip on your shoulder about growing up on a council estate cloud your judgement.
tipsy

Post by tipsy »

:lol: apologies, I may not have explained myself clearly. My reference to social advancement related to my son's social skills and confidence - not any naked ambition for social mobility! Oh dear :roll:
happymum

Post by happymum »

Oh I see :D

I'm sorry I can't offer any helpful information regarding either school :D
Denise

Post by Denise »

Hi Tipsy

You wrote this in your first post:
tipsy wrote:Eton could set you up for life (career-wise) with so many high-flying social contacts.
But now you say this:
tipsy wrote: :lol: My reference to social advancement related to my son's social skills and confidence - not any naked ambition for social mobility! Oh dear :roll:
:?:

Perhaps when you have decided what you want from each school the decision will be easier?

Personally I would settle for the best academic education in a supportive environment.

Denise
ZZZZ

Post by ZZZZ »

Hi Tipsy

I agree with Katel and some of the others, the forum seems to have been taken over with with your dilemma and deliberations (a bit like Ed's Mum did a few weeks back, what with their very clever son and very generous bursary etc....., her posts were a little self-centered!). There are others out here who have a lot more serious dilemmas and problems to deal with at the moment !! A thought could be spared for them as well :?

It may be an idea to sit together as a family and decide with your son. I am sure he will appreciate some input into his future and has some of his own opinions too! I hope your confusion lessens and your son will be happy in his future school.

P.S. If your son has an IQ of 190, surely a scholar in the making, but yet you say you have to pay full fees. We are confused!
tipsy

Post by tipsy »

:lol:
ZZZZ

Post by ZZZZ »

What a lovely mum you are! :( Good luck to your son!
katel

Post by katel »

Surely with an IQ like that (what was his CAT score, by the way?) your son should be a scholar at either school? Have you considrered this as an option?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now