Mill Hill School

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Londonb

Re: Mill Hill School

Post by Londonb »

It’s a common misconception that bright kids do well at schools like this. In fact this school is incapable of stretching those with ability and they frequently underperform at GCSE and A Level after coasting for many years. I know many parents who have removed their children from the Mill Hill Foundation for this reason. The teachers accept there’s a huge ‘brain drain’ every year. If you’re expecting to pay £21k per year to get the best education for your child you don’t choose this school as your first choice.
inthegarden

Re: Mill Hill School

Post by inthegarden »

I’d like to add that my son started at Belmont in yr 7 last year and he is loving it and settled in without a hiccup. I don’t know why Belmont/Mill hill get a bad rep. The people who go on about it being second choice to ucs/Highgate etc and not strong academically never seem to have children at the schools. I have a few friends with children at Mill Hill and the common theme is that they are happy, love going to school and are well looked after. Those that are able to get great grades. But surely there is more to life than getting straight A’s and going to Oxbridge? Well, I think so which is probably why I’m suited to the school. I have friends sons that started at some of the highly respected schools and they have had all sorts of trouble with bullying, not settling in, difficulty in communication with teachers. We are so far thrilled with Belmont.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now