CLSBoys vs HABS Boys - The clock is ticking...

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

soodsaheb

CLSBoys vs HABS Boys - The clock is ticking...

Post by soodsaheb »

Dear Members,

My DS got offers from both of these schools. As the decision date is coming near I am really confused on which one to choose from. I know the correct answer is to choose a school which is right for my DS but forgive my ignorance I don't know which one out of these would be right for him.

Appreciate if you can give me any points to consider (regarding above schools or traits in my kid) before making this decision.

Thanks in advance, Kind regards!
kenyancowgirl

Re: CLSBoys vs HABS Boys - The clock is ticking...

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Which one did you/he prefer when you looked round? Which is easier to get to?
soodsaheb

Post by soodsaheb »

Thanks for your reply. We stay in north west London (Pinner) so Habs is easier to travel but time wise both are around 40 minutes. He liked HABS from in side but it was just infrastructure wise.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

What did you consider when making the decision to apply for these schools in particular? Are ther other schools that didn't offer a place, but you and he liked? If so, which one out of the two that did offer most resembles that / those in terms of what it offers? How does your DS feel about travelling across London on the tube (have you done some trial runs with him in rush hour?)? Does either school offer anything in particular in the sports / extracurricular line, that the other doesn't? Languages available? Does one have a CCF / not have a CCF (depending on your views on the CCF)?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now