Bancroft’s School , Woodford

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Blossom8

Bancroft’s School , Woodford

Post by Blossom8 »

results are being emailed.

Does anyone have any feedback on the school please?
tonic_water

Re: Bancroft’s School , Woodford

Post by tonic_water »

I would have thought that if you have applied to the school you would already have decided that it would be suitable for your child? Seems a bit backward to apply first and then ask later?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

'Feedback' is usually what you get when your DC hasn't been offered a place somewhere. If your DC gets a place, 'You therefore satisfied us that you were up to our required standard' is the implied and only necessary feedback? Or does Bancrofts give parents the low-down regardless, e.g., 'Well, scratched her head a bit in the interview, but did so well in the maths test that with our eye on our 2025 GCSE results, we'd be mad to turn her down'?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Blossom8

Post by Blossom8 »

tonic_water wrote:I would have thought that if you have applied to the school you would already have decided that it would be suitable for your child? Seems a bit backward to apply first and then ask later?
Yes, went to open day, liked it, applied but I don’t know anyone personally with a child at the school so would welcome any thoughts from an existing parent.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think it can be difficult getting to know about schools, they tend to be on their best behaviour at open days (and indie schools are v v good at selling themselves) and then when you ask current parents what they think of the place, most will be reasonably happy - some ecstatic and some venomous - of course you tend to hear more from those with the more extreme views. :oops:

Has your DC got any views yet on which school? having said that they sometimes go for on that had a nicest lunch / uniform / playing fields etc.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now