Indies Kent/Sussex borders for boy with dyslexia

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sussex1000

Indies Kent/Sussex borders for boy with dyslexia

Post by sussex1000 »

I wondered if anyone can give me some info on any of the indies on Kent/Sussex area? My son has dyslexia probably best described as mild/moderate so wouldn't need somewhere like Frenwen. He's not hugely sporty, but enjoys sports/games, likes drama, not particularly musical. He's fairly outgoing and sociable but lacks confidence a little.
The schools I am looking at are:
Bethany - excellent SEN, lovely facilities. I was a little put off by the attitudes of some of the parents when I went for the open day but I may have been unlucky, its the most expensive one I've looked at and very top of what we could afford

Battle Abbey - lovely feel to it, good SEN, seem quite flexible re GCSEs. Facilities aren't great but then as we don't need lots of sporting facilities may not be a problem

Beechwood sacred heart - I haven't visited this but I've been told its a lovely caring school so will look at this one too.

Currently looking for Y7 entry. My other option is to try state and then go for indie if it doesn't work out. He's currently in prep that goes to 11 but started off in the state sector. I moved him to a private school as he got no support with his dyslexia and I didn't want to put him through sats.

Any help really appreciated. Thanks!