Alice742

Re: STAHS interview emails...

Post by Alice742 »

Thank you for letting me know.
Good luck to your dd too :)
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

So on Monday they can either make one phone call to you Alice742 and fill the place in one go and get a confirmed acceptance and a deposit on its way or they can start working their way down the waiting list making several phone calls before they find a family for whom it was their first choice school.

I know what I would be doing. State schools have to fill their places in strict score order but private schools do not. You never know your score, only a yes or no.

If they have an applicant right there who met the academic criteria and is ready to accept the place then the job is done and there will be other refusals that will come in in the next 13 days as all these applicants with multiple offers can only go to one school. DG
Alice742

Post by Alice742 »

That would be nice!! Thank you for all your advice it’s very much appreciated.

Do you not think they will wait until the 3rd?

Any idea how many they interview to how many they offer?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

No.

Everyone wants to fill their places before the state school allocations come out.

Some parents get all excited by their private school offers and then reality sits in and they accept the state school place.

They will want to fill the place if they can find someone who will accept and send the deposit and they are better off doing that now before 1st March.

City girls tried exploding offers to try and force their offer holders to accept before half term a couple of years ago.

It caused absolute outrage but they filled the places in four days. Do a search on exploding offers to read all about it. DG
Alice742

Post by Alice742 »

Daogroupie thank you