Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Justanothergirl

STAHS interview emails...

Post by Justanothergirl »

...are out.
Daogroupie

Re: STAHS interview emails...

Post by Daogroupie »

Very non-specific. Just that it will be 15 mins.

However there are two different interviews: Academic Interview and Academic Scholarship Interview and this is in the subject heading. DG
Justanothergirl

Interesting...not to split hairs but ours doesn't say "Academic" just "Invitation" however you have clearly been made aware of some scholarship interview invites which presumes a high ISEB score.
Stahs is not our first choice (or second or third, because of distance), but I am on a downer now as I am worried about my DD's scores.
Her Atom scores at home were very high, bit bummed to be honest...
Justanothergirl

If the above wasn't obvious, I am hoping for someone to cheer me up! :wink:
Alice742

Post by Alice742 »

dd has a place at DAO but we were really hoping for stahs, unfortunately she did not receive an offer but she was interviewed.
How likely do places become available at stahs and is it worth pursuing?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

They do come up as there are those going the opposite way to you and who are on the waiting list for state schools in Harpenden and in St Albans. With the new school opening on the Lower Luton road in September there may be more spaces come up.

They hold an exam in June if any places come up for Y8 next year. DG
Alice742

Post by Alice742 »

Thank you Daogroupie
Do you recommend emailing stahs after the National allocation day for a place in September or waiting until June for a place in year 8?
TIA
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I definitely think it is worth emailing them now to let them know that it is your first choice school and should they be able to offer you a place at anytime you would accept immediately and pay the deposit.

You know that she is at the academic level for the school and they just had too many of those to be able to offer them all spaces.

You can also ask to be put on the list for the summer 2022 exam should a place come up for Y8.

A close family member attended the school and she said that places did come up when girls left who were offered a place at various state schools in Harpenden and St Albans: Roundwood, Sir John Lawes, St Georges, Beaumont and Sandringham. DG
Alice742

Post by Alice742 »

Thank you
I just assumed if you were not on the waiting list your dd didn’t have a chance!
I will definitely email admissions.
Justanothergirl

Hi Alice, for what it’s worth, we turned down our place on Friday and received an auto reply to say that the Admissions manager is back on Monday (after half term). Who knows, there might be more movement next week :)
Good luck!