Offer received from Godolphin Latymer

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
na100681

Offer received from Godolphin Latymer

Post by na100681 »

Hi, the emails of offer are arriving from Godolphin Latymer. My daughter is in. We are really happy about it.
Orangeblossom

Re: Offer received from Godolphin Latymer

Post by Orangeblossom »

Congratulations- fantastic school.
pkompel

Post by pkompel »

Hi, we have an offer from Godolphin too.
The school seems to have a fantastic reputation for pastoral care and also great results. Do you have insight on the type of girl who would fit in or is the cohort diverse? We do have 2 other offers from Habs and SHHS. Trying to decide based on fit. Commute can be managed as we are planning to move closer to the right tube line. Thank you.
Johnwang

Post by Johnwang »

https://www.tatler.com/school/godolphin ... hool-guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Their review on Tatler, in case you have not read it before.
na100681

Post by na100681 »

I also would like some insights if possible about the school. We are hesitating between GL and City.
We are muslims so would like some diversity in the girls and for her to find some muslim friends too if possible.
My daughter pray and fast, it will be easier for her if there are other girls like her too.
I'm not looking for a muslim school (if it was the case I wouldn't have apply to theses schools) but just some diversity.
na100681

Post by na100681 »

pkompel wrote:Hi, we have an offer from Godolphin too.
The school seems to have a fantastic reputation for pastoral care and also great results. Do you have insight on the type of girl who would fit in or is the cohort diverse? We do have 2 other offers from Habs and SHHS. Trying to decide based on fit. Commute can be managed as we are planning to move closer to the right tube line. Thank you.
Hi Pkompel, we are in the same case, if we choose GL we might move nearer. Do you already know around where you might move in case you choose GL?
pkompel

Post by pkompel »

Thank you @johnwang. I have seen most publicly available reviews/reports. Any other points from current/past parents would be helpful.

@na100681, we will consider moving to Harrow/Sudbury closer to Piccadilly line. Can't move any closer as it needs to work for everyone in the family. I think 40min door to door is doable.
Johnwang

Post by Johnwang »

@pkompel I live in Harrow too. But not close to Piccadilly Line, our house is just over 10 mins talk to Met Line which is a big reason for choosing SHHS as it is just outside Finchley Road tube station.
na100681

Post by na100681 »

@na100681, we will consider moving to Harrow/Sudbury closer to Piccadilly line. Can't move any closer as it needs to work for everyone in the family. I think 40min door to door is doable.[/quote]

What a coincidence we were thinking of Rayner's Lane (south Harrow) for the same reason!!!
pkompel

Post by pkompel »

That's great na100681. I will PM you. A few questions.