Go to navigation
It is currently Fri May 27, 2022 1:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:18 am 

I am seeking clarification on the breakdown between the three entry points into the Westminster Under School.

Is it 7 plus 20, 8 plus 20 and 11 plus 25 or 7 plus 20 8 plus 20 and 11 plus 30 or some other combination?

It seems that all three numbers are fluid depending on the quality of the applicants.

The policy document says about 22 for the first two and about 28 for 11 plus but it also says 80 through to the second round and 45 for interview and this year it was 100 through to the second round and 60 for interview.

As a private school they do not need to adhere to their published admissions policy as state schools do. But perhaps they will update it now as the numbers were different this year.

I would have thought they would have wanted the numbers coming in at 11 to outnumber the total number of existing preps as the level required at 11 plus is so much greater so you would think they would want spaces for more of those candidates.

Thank you for any insight. I would be grateful to hear from any existing parent who might know the current breakdown in the school of the three intakes.

DG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:35 pm 

Daogroupie wrote:

I would have thought they would have wanted the numbers coming in at 11 to outnumber the total number of existing preps as the level required at 11 plus is so much greater so you would think they would want spaces for more of those candidates.
DG

Sorry, I don't know the numbers but I guess it's swings and roundabouts. If the school is more focused on public examinations and university destinations statistics then they may want to up the numbers of more recently tested 11+ pupils. On the other hand, if they truly believe in the less tangible qualities they develop in their pupils then surely they'd want to take them as young as possible, to have the best chance of molding them in the desired image.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:40 pm 

Have you tried emailing or phoning the Admissions Officer for info about this year's intended intakes? It seems strange that they would want to withhold information from the parent of an applicant. It might be vitally important to you that your DS is in a class no bigger than x / no smaller than y.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:47 pm 

No idea of the exact number, but received 11+ offer this year. on the 2nd round of written test, i guess at least i saw 70 more students.