Eltham College Academic Scholarship Assessment invite

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tryingmybest

Eltham College Academic Scholarship Assessment invite

Post by Tryingmybest »

Hello everyone,

My dd has been invited for above. I thought the academic assessment is done according to the written test and interview only (both done earlier). So I am a bit confused about this separate invitation. She also has been asked to bring her pencil case. Has anyone done this in earlier years? If so can anyone share their insight on what kind of assessment there will be? Many thanks in advance.
kevinzhu

Re: Eltham College Academic Scholarship Assessment invite

Post by kevinzhu »

Same question pls, a bit confused if this relates to scholarship only, or admission.

Also wondering do they host the assessment for 1 date only? My son is doing this on 1st Feb.

Best,
Kevin
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

sorry - not much help! have been back through previous years threads but can't see any comments on this - have they specifically said it is the scholarship assessment?
Tryingmybest

Post by Tryingmybest »

Thanks hermanmunster. I did search on previous threads as well but didnt find anything related to academic scholarship assessment. Yes the email actually specifies as Academic Scholarship assesment. It also went on to say that the pupil sits on a certain class and then ends the day with lunch with Headteacher. Not sure if there is anything to prepare for. I am now leaving it to my dd to be herself. Afterall she got so far on her own.

Kevin, ours is on 1st as well.
Tryingmybest

Post by Tryingmybest »

Hi all, we got an offer from Eltham College this morning with 25% scholarship.

For future parents, academic assessment, according to my DD, was more like a taster session. They took pupils to sit in couple of lessons and did group dicussion and also did general Q & A s with HT. They wrapped it with the most amazing (dd's words, not mine) lunch. She came home beaming and very happy with the school. I hope it will help. Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

That is great news! and thanks for the info about the assessment day - may well help someone else in the future
magicnumberis3

Post by magicnumberis3 »

Great news Tryingmybest! Just for the benefit of future applicants, we received the same offer this morning but the invitation to a taster day has also just arrived. So not getting the invitation in advance of offer day doesn't mean that you are not in the running for an academic scholarship.
SELondon

Post by SELondon »

Congrats to your DCs!
Is the Eltham college acad scholarship max at 25%?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now