City of London School Boys (CLSB) Offers

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
11plus13plus

Re: City of London School Boys (CLSB) Offers

Post by 11plus13plus »

We haven’t decided. Will carefully check with both schools.
We do know people have done this with a different 11+ and 13+ schools though.
mindalert

Post by mindalert »

11plus13plus wrote:We haven’t decided. Will carefully check with both schools.
We do know people have done this with a different 11+ and 13+ schools though.
Official answer will be no. We are in a similar position
ERC

Post by ERC »

For those who've taken City offers and their sons have started there, could I ask if there's a reasonable number of boys in their year travelling down from Islington? I realise that kids travel in from a wide area, but it's always good to have travel buddies / classmates in your local area (even if your BFF may be further afield). Many thanks.
mad?

Post by mad? »

I have no DC there but a friend who lives near Angel sends their 2 boys there. I know they travel with others - although some of those may be on journeys which start further away and then meet up with DC near where they live. Often they just walk - it is so near
mad?
JLBB

Post by JLBB »

Hi all, I came across this thread and would like to know how some of you decided which school to go at the end. We are in a similar dilemma as a lot of you, got CLSB and KCS offers. Waiting for Westminster and Wilson's. CLSB was my DS first choice as he went to their fun filled open day. KCS was my first choice, mainly because of the campus and community feeling. Also I heard the school is quite nurturing as well.

Also we will seriously consider Wilson's if we get an offer and many told me CLSB is more or less the same as a top grammar. For those of you have experience of the schools, is it a fair comment? Thanks everyone!
blackmamba

Post by blackmamba »

I would choose CLS, if affordable and within a reasonable commute. It is more diverse, with a unique ethos and amazing results. The fact that your DS prefers it would clinch it for me.