Colfe's school GCSE

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
CockapooMum

Colfe's school GCSE

Post by CockapooMum »

I have contacted Colfe's school for their 2019 GCSE results but haven't had anything back. Recently I have heard Colfe's GCSE results are very poor, probably not as good as local grammars - but I can't tell much difference from their 2020-2021 results. Not sure if it's over inflated or there was an genuine improvement in the last two years.

Just wondering if anyone could share their experience with Colfe's school?

Many thanks.
Mich895

Re: Colfe's school GCSE

Post by Mich895 »

I don't have any experience with Colfe's school but found this document online showing the 2019 GCSE results.

https://www.colfes.com/app/uploads/2019 ... .11.19.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I don't know anyone who chose Colfe's over a grammar school or a top selective independent. Someone may come on and state the opposite, but in most instances I know it was always the 'back-up' in case someone didn't pass so this is probably reflected in the results and they don't look so bad considering the intake. I understand it has got harder to get in in recent years so 2019 results will be somewhat out of date now and the level of competency of the newer cohorts may be a bit stronger. I know it has a loyal following and I have friends of friends with children there who are happy with the school and pay as their alternative was a state choice they were deeply unhappy with or their child didn't get into the likes of Dulwich, Eltham, JAGs or other more selective independent schools.
CockapooMum

Post by CockapooMum »

Mich895 wrote:I don't have any experience with Colfe's school but found this document online showing the 2019 GCSE results.

https://www.colfes.com/app/uploads/2019 ... .11.19.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the link. :o
CockapooMum

Post by CockapooMum »

PettswoodFiona wrote:I don't know anyone who chose Colfe's over a grammar school or a top selective independent. Someone may come on and state the opposite, but in most instances I know it was always the 'back-up' in case someone didn't pass so this is probably reflected in the results and they don't look so bad considering the intake. I understand it has got harder to get in in recent years so 2019 results will be somewhat out of date now and the level of competency of the newer cohorts may be a bit stronger. I know it has a loyal following and I have friends of friends with children there who are happy with the school and pay as their alternative was a state choice they were deeply unhappy with or their child didn't get into the likes of Dulwich, Eltham, JAGs or other more selective independent schools.
Thanks so much for the comment. My friend's DC was offered 80% scholarship from Colfe's, the child passed Bexley and Kent grammar tests and was offered a place at a local grammar. We just wondered if it's worth taking up the place at Colfe's, instead of going to the grammar school. Colfe's has better facilities and looks like a very happy school. The only worry is if a more able child going there will be challenged enough and maintain the academic trajectory.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now