St Albans Girls School VS Henrietta Barnet School

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Hanzi2007

St Albans Girls School VS Henrietta Barnet School

Post by Hanzi2007 »

Henrietta Barnet School vs St Albans High School For Girls
Please can you help us to choose between these two schools? Please compare both schools in terms of academics and extracurricular activities other then fees. STAHS is at the doorstep and for HBS we have to move in the middle somewhere as Son is already at St Albans boys school.
Thank you so much in advance.
scary mum

Re: St Albans Girls School VS Henrietta Barnet School

Post by scary mum »

I'm really not sure that strangers on the internet can tell you which school would suit your daughter best, if money is not to be considered. Presumably the academic information is available from the schools.-, although the extent to which they select will largely account for anoy differences. Also it may be completely different in 5/7 years' time when your daughter is taking GCSEs and A levels.
Were you able to look round? Which did you get the best feel for? Does your daughter have particular interests which are catered for at one school rather than the other (for example clubs, or subjects studied at GCSE?)
scary mum
Hanzi2007

Re: St Albans Girls School VS Henrietta Barnet School

Post by Hanzi2007 »

Initially Our first choice was HBS but circumstances changed later . Secondly DD loved STAHS more then any of these schools and yes you are right as I can’t make decision on strangers opinion but I just wanted to check if there are parents from both schools here can shed some light and it will be easier for us to think in the right direction . My DD is academically very strong but this worries me when I recently heard about HBS . A parent told me that my daughter was offered scholarships from St. Paul’s and NLCS but I sent her in HBS . Now I kind of regret as academic pressure is too much . Girls are taking tuitions for almost every subject to get higher grades even some girls take tuition for a subject in the early morning and then go to school . This is all they do on top of their school education while her daughter s’ best friend goes to St Albans girls , not getting extra tuitions but she is academically doing well at the same level as high achieving girls are at HBS . In terms of extracurricular activities , My DD is interested in net ball , and music ( and DT . All I want to know is that is there a big difference in both schools in terms of helping students to get higher grades?