How Quiet!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

zorro wrote:Tipsy,
He must have a fantastic voice to get into St Pauls- they are the creme de la creme for choristers. Do they board there?
Thanks zorro, but as I'm not musical I thought maybe I was a bit biased, and like me no two days are the same with my son so sometimes he sounds great and sometimes diabolical!

He will start as a probationer and if he is good enough and we like the school he will become a full chorister after 9 months. As a probationer they board Sunday 7pm through to Friday 3pm and then home for most of the weekends. You can also see them every night to help them with musc practice but I live too far away. Hubby works close to the Cathedral so he'll pop in twice a week unless my son doesn't need/want us too. :)

It's funny this thread is called "How Quiet!" and we're now discussing the racket my son will be making! :lol:
zorro

Post by zorro »

At least you won't hear it!
Well done to him!
He will no doubt look angelic in his robes!
You nnever know , he might become the next Aled Jones and make millions of £££££££££££££££'s!
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:
KES Parent wrote:
Tipsy you are hilarious :shock: Did you send the little chap on his own to do his singing tests?[/quote

:? Huh - I don't get it. I was down in London that day and noticed auditions for St Paul's so we took him along to see if he was any good, expecting him not to be, and he got in. He's never had singing lessons and doesn't play an instrument but I thought his voice sounded quite nice. I don't really know anything about the school because I know no one whose kids go there and I also don't know much about choristers, but we felt we couldn't turn down such a good (hopefully)opportunity.

Tipsy is not lying. :)[/quote]

I was just teasing you Tipsy. You never cease to amaze me with the wonderful opportunities that just seem to fall into your lap for your sons without you even trying. I think his voice must be more than quite nice to get a chance like that. How old is he?
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I know my kids have got so much going for them and yet I grew up on a scummy council estate and can't even get onto a bl**dy access course! :cry:

My son is 7 but will be close to 8 when he starts in Year 3. He's never had many firends so hopefully being part of a group within the school will help him to bond with other kids - or at least he may be more tolerated! :roll:
hopeforthebest

Post by hopeforthebest »

[
Last edited by hopeforthebest on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zorro

Post by zorro »

Still nothing - it's bothering me now! DH not at all concerned and thinks I am being silly(nothing new there then).
Should I just wait or should I contact the school?
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

I'd give the school a ring it can't hurt. You'll be paying them good money, the least they can do is keep you informed :)
zorro

Post by zorro »

Thanks! I think I am in danger of becoming paranoid! Actually re-read acceptance letter this morning for reassurance!!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Phone the school and make up a cock n bull why you called, and whilston the phone...... :)
melinda

Post by melinda »

Tipsy, just a little confused, weren't you trying to decide betweren Eton and Winchester at some point this year??
Is the singer a different son??