Eton

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

za1 wrote:Oops......

I take it I have offended some people. I will hold my hand up and admit that my email was badly worded and aimed at a small minority of wealthy people with spoilt, low-ability kids forced to attend well known independent schools.

So I will apologise to any offence caused and will take your criticisms on the chin :-)

I honestly did not mean any offence....I have no chip on my shoulder and realise that we all went the best for our kids...

Yours sheepishly

Za1
...and just think how sheepishly we all now feel :oops: :)

BUT having wealth does not mean that kids are spoiled, and I have seen parents with a modest income who spoil there kids. In fact all of us struggling with fees have no time or money left to spoil our kids. :(
za1

Post by za1 »

I also didn't even plan to create a new topic....was replying to the topic further below dedicated to Eton and Winchester.....

I'm a normal bloke really - and I reserve the right to have the odd stupid moment......:-) Was simply having a go at the FEW spoilt kids who have got into schoold where others have worked very hard to get into simply due to wealth/power etc........from now on I'm sticking to VR and NVR and Maths.....
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Everyone loves a debate and we're all normal :P although it doesn't always come across that way! :lol:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

A bloke???
We have a MAN on the thread ladies!!!
Welcome to this section of the forum...you certainly landed here with a bump!! Lol!
:mrgreen:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Tipsy said:
we're all normal
Tipsy, tell the truth!!
za1

Post by za1 »

"Welcome to this section of the forum...you certainly landed here with a bump!! "

----- And if you don't mind ....I'll now make a hasty, red-faced exit back to simple stuff like VR, NVR, Exams etc......:-)
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Ok, so Ed's mum is not normal as she is a bit MAN hungry, but I'll try and coax her back to rehab with some nice pics, so don't worry Zal. :wink:
KES Parent

Re: Eton

Post by KES Parent »

za1 wrote:I'm still holding my spade so I'll carry on digging and admit that I have applied to two of the best independent schools in Birmingham should my son fail to get a grammar place......

Sorry once again.... :oops:
Poor Za1, you have been horribly misunderstood. But I am intrigued to know which is the other best independent school in Birmingham. I can only think of one off the top of my head!

BTW, if you are hoping for a bursary, don't forget you need thick rich kids like mine at a school to provide the income before they can afford to hand out any subsidised places, especially in these troubled financial times. :wink:
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

Tipsy, have I missed a crucial post from you? Your timeline now says E v R! Please tell me this is a misprint - I can't bear to think you have given up on Winchester. :shock:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I was waiting to see if anyone would notice! :lol: At the moment (which could be 5 seconds to 5 months in Tipsy's life) I have decided against Winchester, which now leaves R. Guesses on a postcard please....