west london independent schools

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hopeforthebest

Post by hopeforthebest »

oo
Last edited by hopeforthebest on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

We've taken our son out his choir school and don't know whether to send him there or get a tube ride to schools like Hill or Sussex House. We want a school that ends at 13 and feeds to top schools. I don't want an environment where parents still coach as we won't and our son may look weak within his class when in fact he's just not coached. It would be so easy to send him to Durston and wonderful for him to have local friends, as long as it's good enough academically and not pressured. Do you have any suggestions for other schools - I want to use the tube, preferably. Thanks! :)
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Tipsy I'd love to know (and it would be appropriate to this thread) why you took your son out of the choir school?
Loopy
solimum

Post by solimum »

Tipsy - I didn't realise the tube stretched as far as Lapland now - is that the Northern Line?
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Loopyloulou wrote:Tipsy I'd love to know (and it would be appropriate to this thread) why you took your son out of the choir school?
Me too!
mad?

Post by mad? »

and me
mad?
asha

Post by asha »

Hi Tipsy,

I don't have the time to go through your old posts; can you tell me how many sons you have and their ages? It will make it easier to understand which son you are talking about in specific posts.

Thanks!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I'm talking about DS2 who is currently in Year 3. :)
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:I'm talking about DS2 who is currently in Year 3. :)
Tipsy, I can't believe you have done this :shock: . Yet again you have thrown away the very thing I would have loved for my sons (Winchester and choir schools for those who don't have time to peruse our old posts!) I am beginning to think you are doing all this just to annoy me. What does DS2 think about it?
Denise

Post by Denise »

I am a lurker on the site, but I've been reading about your problems with choosing schools for a while. Like KES I am really surprised that you have taken DS2 out of his choir school.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but how many schools have your boys been to since they were 5? I have tried to work it out, but can't. Do they cope allright with the changes?

Thanks.