OMG!! HELP - What Do I Do Now??????????

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

HFTB, can you resend it please - I've not received it.

Thanks
AB

Post by AB »

Calm down, Mrs. Snowdrops.

Please don't read too much into all this.
It is a game that interviewers play. :lol: :lol:
They want you as a back up too as much as you want them as a back up (or not).
Whether it is a separate independent(without any group or consortium arrangements) or one in a co-ordinated group, schools have to work out the numbers of pupils they want to make offers to and how many is likely to accept.

You are panicking because you think they won't make the offer to your DD on account of what was said today.

But think of the facts:

If
she has done superbly at her tests,
performed well at her interview,
school thinks she is suited to their ethos, will fit in well,
school thinks she will benefit from studying there and the school will benefit from having a 'curious' DD,
has a marvellous report from present primary school(if they do them)

THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE AN OFFER!

regardless of whether she has another offer from anywhere else or not.

That is how it is.

We got asked that many times..

As mikeyboy says, I will chill and leave it.
Sassie'sDad

Have applied to several Indies

Post by Sassie'sDad »

I applied to several and know am not alone here. One at least asks a) have you applied to anywhere else b) (I think) to know if they are an 'also ran' or first choice. They use it to colour their interview perspective.They are simply trying to gauge level of response where the entrance exam is pitched at finding reasonable ability, rather than so high they are creaming off the academically best performing. I think the interviewer's social skills were a bit inept but don't think you should worry unduly. If it bothers you and you have other choices then you know how to draw up your 'short list'. Keep us posted and good luck!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

OK - just got to speak to OH, read him all your responses and at the moment we have decided to take the chilled view and leave it in the lap of the Gods.

Meanwhile, we will think about it for the rest of the afternoon and discuss it this evening (when he can think more clearly too) and make a final decision then.

However, if anyone has anything else to add we would be most grateful to receive others' points of view still - it has been invaluable I can tell you!!

AB, you never fail to give good advice - thank you!!

Sassie's dad thank you for your response, it's nice to know other's have been there and got the badge too.

HFTB still not got your pm.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Snowdrops, I'd love to know the school too! :wink:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Will pm you Tipsy.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ooo reckon I can guess... p.m. me pleeeeease - If it is where I think it is then don't worry they know the set up re allocations and desperatley try to get to people tied down each year before the date but ultimately know they can't!!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

will pm you Herman
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I agree with AB. It is not unusual to apply for and be accepted by several schools. Your DD sounds like she made an excellent impression and questioning about your criteria could be an attempt to elicit a positive outcome for the school. :D

Chilled out view
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Well, I have calmed down a little bit now - I only have a raging headache left from all the stress.

Can you tell I suffer from an inferiority complex? What about anxiety attacks?

The 11+ itself was bad enough, then there was the wait for the results, but this just piles on the misery even more.

That gin's doing me no good, I shall have to switch to the brandy :shock:

Although I am now beginning to worry why (apart from Zorro) no-one has contacted me to tell me their thoughts on said school - is it really that bad :oops: :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now