Foremarke School - Repton Prep

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
constantia

Foremarke School - Repton Prep

Post by constantia »

Can anyone please give me any feedback on Formarke Prep? I am particularly interested in their homework policy in Years 4, 5 and 6. I have read their policy on the website but I would really appreciate feedback from parents. Thanks.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Can't tell you much about the homework but it is a great school and I assume a very traditional prep school that would turn its nose up at bond assessments for homework.

Are you wanting to eventually educate your children back in the UK? If so I would phone the senior schools you are interested in and ask them what schools they would recommend in Dubai that are not owned by schools in the UK.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

trouble is here tipsy that I suspect constantia is trying to compare one repton owned prep with another!
Fair enough in the circumstances ..
Constantia, are they trying to work 'em harder in Dubai than here?
constantia

Post by constantia »

hello hermanthemunster! Just to clarify, no I'm not wishing to compare one Repton prep to the other. It's just that it would be interesting to know if Foremarke send home a Bond paper every day as they do here along with other homework when from what I understand from opinions on this site and from TES Independent forum that it's not exactly the mark of good school. Forgot to mention earlier that not only do they send home Bond papers but those other maths practise booklets that you can buy in bookshops - can't remember what they are called. The head is very quick to trot out 'Repton policy' when it serves him. I am just curious to see if I can use it for my own argument!