yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

She is a reformed character these days!
shana Lewis

Post by shana Lewis »

Yoyo123 - I have also pm'ed you.
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

Shana, I am sad that you're not on my side, although I'm not sure which side I'm on! Maybe Tipsy can help me out here. :?
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Sorry KES I can't help as I'm not on any side, infact I don't even know what the sides are. :?
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Who is a reformed character - am I missing something apart from the usual screws that come loose? :P
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

I am really sad now, as I have just remembered I tried to be helpful to Shana on the Birmingham forum a while ago. :cry:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Cheer up KES, you've still got me! :shock: :lol:
shana Lewis

Post by shana Lewis »

Well, you've blown all your chances with me! The LOT of you ! :wink:
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:Cheer up KES, you've still got me! :shock: :lol:
Cheers, Tipsy, I appreciate that. :)
Tosca

Post by Tosca »

Surely independent schools should be at the top of the list of feeder schools? They are likely to have the best pupils who are most likely to perform at the highest level, so it would make sense for the grammars to favour them, wouldn't it?

Of course all this stalinist nonsense is typical of the current regime, but what worries me is that the Tories seem to be going the same way. Did you see that piece from David Cameron in The Telegraph today? He thinks it is ridiculous that people believe they need to resort to private education in this day and age, and that he intends to send his own children to state schools. He says he will not be permitting any new grammar schools when he gets into power and his main priority will be to introduce new "Super Comprehensives". He commented that under-performing children should get the smallest classes and the best teachers.

I can't believe David would subject his own flesh and blood to the horrors of a comprehensive just so he can seem politically correct. The Telegraph is supposed to be OUR paper and Cameron is supposed to represent OUR interests. What is going on!?