Locked threads

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dinah

Locked threads

Post by dinah »

Loos post has been quite rightly removed from another thread and it is now locked. Not however before many people had read it I am sure. What she did was to take a very personal and distressing piece of writing about someone's unhappy journey and use it as a weapon to beat up posters who had different opinion from her own. That was spiteful in the extreme and I hope she is ashamed.
If she was trying to prove that CH is a terrible school by parading an individual's pain to everyone at large it was a shabby idea.Member's of that particular forum are mostly pupils who attended the school a long time ago and they do not expect their personal comments to be used by all and sundry for a completley vindictive point scoring exercise.

Boarding school have moved on in the last 30 years (ask Prince Charles) and to rake up past unhappines and relate it to today's boarding eperience is pointless.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Lets hope this thread gets locked! :roll:
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

I have said, three times now, that I think CH is a great school. It does extremely well by its pupils, and if it published a "value added" it must be immense, both for academic and non-academic values.

'Tis a pity that some parents let it down!

Mods please lock this thread!!
Loopy
dinah

Post by dinah »

That isn't fair . To lock the thread I mean. Because you are embarrassed by what you did. An apology to [name removed] would be nice. She still doesn't know you took her words and showed then to the world for your own purposes . I have reported this forum to the moderators of the forum from which you took the 'offending' post and hope they act accordingly.

[edited by WP]
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

I must speak out as a 2 year old member of this forum. I am not a Moderator or connected to any person in this thread or the locked thread mentioned. Nor I have any vested interest in the schools mentioned.

But I have read the deleted thread in its entirety and the 'post' in question. I must say that with the just 3 key words that I have remembered from the post, I have managed to trace the post in its original context/forum(not even using her name which is mentioned here! :shock: ).

I am particularly upset there is a face to the pain that was expre55ed in that post.

I do feel it is unkind and inappropriate to use her post without permis55ion. That it was on an acce55ible forum is beside the point ;as pointed out by the moderator - it was a sensitive post. Naming her is also not helpful.

If the moderators feel my comment is not appropriate, please remove it.
Thank you.

LBSWM
mad?

Post by mad? »

well said LBSWM :x
mad?
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Je ne regrette rien. I think it is very important that anyone considering sending their DC to CH should know that it is a very special school. I feel sure that these little exchanges will have contributed greatly to that.
Loopy
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

If someone is happy to broadcast their views (like most of us do) on the world wide web then we are effectively "telling" the world and we forego any confidentiality. Once we post our views we have no say on how our material can and should be used. Loopy, you may be better directing everyone to the link for those interested.
WP

Post by WP »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:If someone is happy to broadcast their views (like most of us do) on the world wide web then we are effectively "telling" the world and we forego any confidentiality. Once we post our views we have no say on how our material can and should be used.
You're right about the confidentiality, but not about how the material can be used. That something is published in one place does not entitle anyone to repost it elsewhere. The author has the right to determine the context in which it is seen.

WP (moderator)
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Thanks WP, I was unaware of this. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now