Tips wanted on how to make it stress free and enjoyable

Useful tips and ideas for the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mystery

Re: Tips wanted on how to make it stress free and enjoyable

Post by mystery »

Vasu, I'm interested in the evening milk at 5:15pm that you mentioned. Is this an essential part of the 11+ routine? Mine are very partial to milk so I'm hoping this means they are in with a good chance in the 11+, not just that I never weaned them properly.
vasu

Post by vasu »

mystery wrote:Vasu, I'm interested in the evening milk at 5:15pm that you mentioned. Is this an essential part of the 11+ routine? Mine are very partial to milk so I'm hoping this means they are in with a good chance in the 11+, not just that I never weaned them properly.
:lol: My Mom gave me milk in the evening so I give it to my boys. Makes them stop snacking before dinner. Does it helps in 11+, who knows? :wink:
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Don't worry FB ..my DS2 booed his eyes out when he went to playgroup....even trying to kick down the door...I wonder now why I put him through it at the age of 2 and an half...however I used to help out in a playgroup and it was quite bizarre how the kids would be screaming hysterically and then as soon as the door shut , mid scream they would stop , pick up a paintbrush..and start painting whilst humming a jaunty tune.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Sounds like my children. And then just before the doors were opened to the parents, they would turn back on their sad face, and invent a sad little story about all the terrible things that had happened that morning ready to tell to me the moment I got through the door.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I once knew a mother who actually believed the stories her dd would tell her and insisted on sitting up on the stage ( the playgroup was in a village hall ) behind the velvet curtain, peeking out from a crack , just to check . It wasn't me, by the way.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Yes, DS2 clearly has had a lovely time when I collect him which is why I agree to repeat the experience three times a week!

DS1, on the other hand, used to run off without a backward glance and scream loudly in horror when I went to collect him. Still does actually.
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
um

Post by um »

Teachermum76 wrote:Try not to shout Dim Boy at him

Ha ha-that really made me laugh! Too true, though it's very difficult to cheerfully ask 'darling, are you sure that's the answer you mean?' when you want to shout 'HOW many times have we been through this; have I been talking to myself!'
This reminds me of the time when (just a few months before the exams) my ds1 became convinced during a maths problem that there were 100 seconds in a minute. It took quite a while to convince him, with full backup from both parents and all siblings old enough to talk, that there were 60 seconds in a minute, as he absolutely refused to believe it. Shouting Dim Boy at him would have been too kind :roll:
He has just finished his first year at a super-selective Grammar...
mystery

Post by mystery »

Try asking him if his first year felt longer than most.
cahillcahill

Post by cahillcahill »

you managed to hide your stress and stop it from passing on to your DC
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now