fear of failure/tips to keep momentum

Useful tips and ideas for the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

fear of failure/tips to keep momentum

Post by Guest »

My daughter sits her 11+ during October halfterm. She's had tutored coaching since June although did little over the summer holidays as we were away. She has weekly 1-1 tutored coaching as has her friend, who has the coaching session straight after her. They obviously talk about how they're doing and quite often the mum who took the girls there gives feedback back to the other on how their daughter is doing.
My daughter is struggling, particularly with numerical questions. We talked with her over the summer about whether she wants to continue to study and she said yes as she wants to go to this school. We're building up and practising as often as we can now at home as well. Last weekend both girls sat a test with the tutor and my daughter didn't do so well. The pressure is really building in our house now. My daughter is now concerned about how she'll do. I've told her she can only do her best and if she doesn't get in to the grammar school, that the comprehensive will probably be as good and that we'll love her just the same. I am so proud of her for what she's done so far. She worries whether they'll both get to the grammar school they want to go to, or whether her friend will get in and she won't. This is actually the likely scenario, but we are determined to keep spirits up and build her confidence and keep practicing over the next three weeks.
Any suggestions from anyone as to what we should be focussing on and how we can best help her over the next three weeks would be much appreciated...
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

What part of the country are you from? Which disciplines are your area using? Verbal Reasoning,Non Verbal Reasoning, Maths or English?

How many practice tests has your daughter completed, which publishers have you used?

So many questions, but need to know in order to point you in the right direction.

Patricia
shivkpr

publishers

Post by shivkpr »

HI,
I'm from barnet
which publishers do you think are good in terms of being close to the exam

NFER;AFN;ATHEY;