English Sats

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

meagain

Post by meagain »

Just another idea for reluctant story writers - before my DS's 11plus we would all sit down as a family on the weekend for half an hour, choose a story title from a typical list (I found somewhere on the net) and each write a page or so. We would then take it in turns to read our stories out and critique each one. I'm really not a keen writer myself but soon got into it and there was always a fight as to who was going to read theirs out first. Might be worth a try - it's interesting to see how we each tackled the same story title very differently and it gave DS new ideas I'm sure.
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

My son was very much the same, but a huge change came about once he started reading the Alex Rider books. Suddenly his stories were so action packed & exciting. Now that he has finished the series I've noted that his stories have gone back to the same level as previously so I'm now looking for another series. What does a 10 year old read after Alex Rider? We've tried Artemis Fowl, The Hobbit & the Young James Bond series so far but none of them seem to hold his attention to the same degree.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

my son loved the Animorphs series and Darren Shan.