FULL MARKS!!

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Nathair

FULL MARKS!!

Post by Nathair »

Sorry, but I'm so excited I just had to share.:oops: My DD came home yesterday and said she was doing tests this week. I knew it was SATS week but DD is year 5, further questioning revealed that her class are sitting the optional year 5 QCA tests. Yesterday they sat the English reading exam and DD said she thought it gone well. Today her teacher asked her to stay behind for a moment when everyone went to lunch and told her she had got full marks!:shock: The teacher said she had never before marked a 100% paper! With any luck the school will take notice and actually try to stretch her a little bit more.
andyb

Post by andyb »

Well done mini-Nathair that's fantastic :P keep up the good work. DS came home last week with a similar story - just before the teacher handed back the practice Maths tests they has been doing he was told to stand up - he thought he was in trouble but was told he had scored full marks. Fortunately his ability is being nurtured by the G&T extension Maths programme at school. Hopefully he will do the same in the real thing this week.
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

That's great andyb. Your DS is lucky his school runs a G&T program. When DD was in year 2/3 the school were great and had her on a G&T bit where she would go for 1 to 1 with a teacher for some more interesting stuff and she loved it. Then the headmaster left amid scandal, a stand in who was only supposed to be there a term and ended up being there a year put an end to that as she didn't want to over step the line as a temporary head. Now the new permanant head says she won't take the 3 or 4 G&T kids in the school out for extra input as removing them from class stigmatises them :evil: DD already gets picked on for being a swot anyway, she used to love school but now she just complains how boring it is, it breaks my heart :(
I just hope that this result will make them relise what DD is capable of and that she does need something more.
andyb

Post by andyb »

That's really sad that the school can't provide any more challenging work. DS went through a phase of keeping his head down and not contributing in class so he didn't attract attention to himself. We now have a motto "it's cool to be clever" which seems to work for him. In Yr4 the extension Maths was done very quietly - the 10 or so children were given worksheets to complete at home and return to the teacher for marking - they didn't get called swots because nobody knew. I don't think much was done in Yr5 and now in Yr6 a letter was sent home telling us DS was G&T but it was the children themselves who were invited to join the extension programme which runs a couple of lunch hours a week (most accepted the invite but a couple either didn't want the extra work or didn't want to miss their playtime). He loves it and there is some competition between the children which brings the best out of all of them. I hope you can find a way of keeping your DD interested in school - does she hope to go to grammar school - that could be the incentive she needs.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Fabulous news Nathair. Does she deserve a new snake as a pressie? :wink:
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:Fabulous news Nathair. Does she deserve a new snake as a pressie? :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now there's a thought! "Well done sweetie! Here's that burm I, I mean you, always wanted!" Oh if only we had we had the room :D