Highest grade possible

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
T-4-2

Highest grade possible

Post by T-4-2 »

Does anybody know what the highest grades achievable in the Year 6 SATS are? Is it a general level 5, or can a level 6 be achieved? Or does the child have to sit a different test in order to be given different levels? Guest55 - I know you'll know! :)
T-4-2

Post by T-4-2 »

I'm only curious, by the way, not trying to predict any scores :wink:
purrrfect

Post by purrrfect »

I would also like to know the answer to that question. My son got a level 6 in maths in his mock sats at the end of year 5. But I don't know whether he can actually get higher than a level 5 in the year 6 sats.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

level 5 now, they no longer do the level 4 -6 paper
greenteadrinker

Post by greenteadrinker »

My understanding is that you can only get a 5...
Always look on the bright side of life
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

What are the point of SATs if they are not going to tell your child what level they are?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:What are the point of SATs if they are not going to tell your child what level they are?
That dear T.i.p.s.y is a whole different can of worms!!
:wink:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You can have a teacher assessment of level 6 based on the extension tasks. The highest level in test is level 5 because there are no questions beyond level 5 - the way for a bright child to show they are exceptional is to get full marks! :D :D
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Now G55 - being an excellent teacher - you will know that super bright kids don't always get full marks! :? How I love DS's report cards! :x
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes I know they don't but this is always my challenge to them!

I remember being the only one in my year group (5 form entry) to be able to answer a question in the Year 11 mocks but I made an arithmetic slip right at the end - my teacher was not impressed and that made a big impact on me that accuracy is important and I've always tried to pass that on!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now