english results

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
skeggy

Post by skeggy »

Sounds like a good school, suncrest!

Does anyone know the national breakdowns of level 5's adchieved in the other subjects?
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

[quote="skeggy"]Sounds like a good school, suncrest!

Normal state school with very mixed catchment - has been brought up from the doldrums by good head and cohesive team of staff.
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

skeggy wrote: Does anyone know the national breakdowns of level 5's adchieved in the other subjects?
No I have test results 2009 and national 2008 which is i'm sure what you have too.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

They have worked them out on this site (TES) - you need to scroll down to the second set, which are in table forms (with green and blue headings)

http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/240519/4691361.aspx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

They won't be official at this stage ...
Milla

Post by Milla »

is a 5 achieved in y5 different from a 5 achieved in y6?
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Milla wrote:is a 5 achieved in y5 different from a 5 achieved in y6?
No, one is externally marked and one is marked by the school staff.They should be the same standard. 8)
Milla

Post by Milla »

thanks, CM, I didn't know if they sort of re-booted the grades come Y6 and expected tehm to start from a higher base level so to speak.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

They will probably assess them again as they come into year six but I'm afraid both of my elder girls just "trod water" really as the teachers concentrated on getting the whole class through the 4 barrier and the ones that were level 5 in year 5 were not really extended.

I understand the reasons why this happens but it is a bit of a shame.Hope your school is different.How's the 11+ prep going?
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Tell me about it, CM. DS2's Y5 class were given extra support through the last term except him and one other and his report smacked of a child who is board most of the time, confirming comments he has been making at home.

Worse than that though is that DS1 has ended up with an overall level 4 in English because the school did nothing to mitigate against the fact that up until Y4 he was taught in welsh not english. Even though half his class were given extra support because of poor teaching lower down the school when the class was split, he received diddly squat because he was perceived as being bright. I wouldn't care but he loves english and writing and this could dent his confidence in the subject.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now