Past SATs papers free to download

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sidsid

Post by sidsid »

*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Post by *** CONFUSED !!! *** »

pipkin wrote:Can anyone explain to me why it appears that Year 6 pupils can only achieve a highest of level 5, and also is this split into sub categories??
Speaking from experience, my DC's school, based in Herts, DO split into sub categories (a, b, c) for the Year 6 SATs.
Knowledge is power

Daogroupie

Sats Levels A B and C

Post by Daogroupie »

I was always told that you are legally entitled to ask for your childs sats targets each year for each core subject. The school has a file for each child for each year with a sats number and sub level that they are expected to achieve by the end of the year. I have always left each consultation with those figures. Both my dd's know exactly where they are now for reading writing maths and science down to the sub levels and where they are targeted to be at year end for my Y5 dd and for May sats for my Y6 dd. And when we practise at home we also score in sub levels. As I have said elsewhere I am a total devotee of sats. It has shown me exactly where my dd's are and where they need to be. I know lots of posters on here seem to be under the impressions that sats exist only for the school which I find very puzzling. It was sats levels that told me that my dd could have a chance at entrance exams. I did not need to pay anyone external to assess her. Her sats levels told me what I needed to know and where I needed to focus. We have just done a Science sats paper. With 10 weeks to go that is where we need to focus!
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

moved wrote:If you follow the link below and work out his percentage score then you can read the level for that paper straight from the list.
http://testsandexams.qcda.gov.uk/18985.aspx
just tried this link and its not working :cry: i know it was working last week - it lets you work out what level your child is at after completing an old sats paper. Anyone know of other links to get this info :?: