KS2 SATs results

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
;kysiesmum

Re: KS2 SATs results

Post by ;kysiesmum »

Contraversially DS's school gave out one class of Y6 out y'day but his class don't have them yet as they are still being checked?!!! Not on IMO
That is so unfair, they should have checked them all before giving out any.
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Agree which is why I stormed right on in there this morning to be told that the other class have their reports but not SAT results :oops: Seems the other class have been telling porkie pies!!!

I asked for DS's as need them for an upcoming hearing and was told that a large number of English writing task papers are being sent back to be revised which is why none of them have been given out yet :roll: So the waiting goes on, but the school had them on Monday which should be pretty much standard across the board I should think.
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

I think schools often send papers back for revision if they don't agree with the marking but they should give out the results letting parents of children whose papers are being revised know of the the situation. Revision can take a while
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Our school has had issues with the written paper marking.
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

The school just wanted to be clear before giving them out and I suspect they will be issued tomorrow now as most of the class are out on taster days at their new schools.

Revision to scores won't be known til about September!
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

We still haven't received them, not sure when we will either :(
wonderwoman

Post by wonderwoman »

My DC old primary always gave out the KS2 results with reports, just before the end of the year.

I think schools should still give out the level even if they don't agree and are sending papers back. The teacher has to give their assessment too, so even if a child hasn't done too well you can see what the teacher thinks.

2 years ago my DD took the last lot of KS3 SATs. Her GS sent back all the English papers, as they did every year, and refused to give anyone any marks. We never got them - most unsatisfactory.
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

We get ours with a covering note to explain the school had sent one paper back for a revised score and that if there was any change we would be notified in September, which I imagine means if you don't hear there is no change.

They also give us statistics to show the national average v the schools results. That was quite interesting reading! Only 19% of students achieve a level 5 in writing nationwide, so if 25% are offered GS in some areas that means 6% are achieving the average.... (same for my DS so not a critisism just thought it was interesting!) 27% got level 3, which highlights I think what many have experienced this year. Very low marking for the writing task across the board :?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

These statistics are substantially similar to the previous 2 years. 19/20% getting a level 5 in writing component of the test but 29/30% getting level 5 English overall, once you add in the other English components.

As level 4 is the average you would expect a good proportion to be working at level 3 and 27% is a better figure than last year when it was 33% obtained a level 3 in writing. The level 3 English overall figure was 20%.

Writing has always been the toughest exam with the least number of pupils obtaining level 5.
Amber

Post by Amber »

The figures for comparison with national averages are last year's, remember (percentage of year 6 pupils achieving each level in 2010, compared with national end of year test results for 2009). The national data set for this year has not been compiled yet so it is not possible to say whether national standards are higher or lower than last year. There was a feeling at our school that the exams were generally a bit easier this year; but I have heard others say the opposite.