2011 SATS are under way!!

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

no_ball

Re: 2011 SATS are under way!!

Post by no_ball »

ucas is all about where DC have come from in terms of place of study for a levels...
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

magwich2 wrote:It will not matter at all when you and your child come to fill in a ucas form what they got in their sats!!
Nor will it matter how many smiley face stickers, merits or commendations they got. It will not matter at all that they have been form captain, played some team game for the school, had a 100% attendance record, done a dubious "functional skills" exam (latest bit of nonsense dreamed up by DDs school), yomped all over britains national parks for doe, or spent years creeping up to the teachers with carefully coloured homework etc etc.
Its a good job none of this time-wasting stuff counts or DD1 would be on her way to Derby "university" to do "tourism" "degree" as opposed to where she is going!!
Are the other skills taught in schools not functional? What on earth will they think of next?

Incidentally - it's been bugging me - surely by the time your kids are 17 and doing ucas forms you don't have to do them with them, do you? I see there is a 'University' section at the bottom of the forum but I would have thought that parents were well out of the loop by then.

I filled in my UCCA and PCAS forms (for I am old!) at school and they were all posted off together. Don't think my parents could have listed my preferences to settle a bet.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I did my ucca forms myself...one choice..cos I was 29
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now