Parent evening woes

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jules7

Re: Parent evening woes

Post by Jules7 »

Bit of an update on my woes earlier in the year. Had DD2's Y3 report through and she has come on so much since March. Now 3a in reading, 3b in maths and 3c in writing. Writing is never going to be her strong point I feel but at least it's progress. I think the problems were mostly to do with more being expected in Y3 wrt levels of achievement and her needing time to adjust, as she is quite "young" for her age. She is still a bit of a dreamer but a happy one, that's just how she is. More than anything I was touched by some of the lovely comments her teacher had made in the report and that she had really enjoyed teaching her and will miss her!
Best of all she has lately developed a real love of reading and I often find her engrossed in a book on the bed - just had to find her type of books rather than expecting her to like what DD1 enjoyed!!
So there's always hope and sometimes a few months can make a massive difference in the progress a child can make from a worrying mid year assessment! :D
ourmaminhavana

Re: Parent evening woes

Post by ourmaminhavana »

I'm so pleased to hear you good news Joules! Thanks for the update. It definitely sounds like things are back on track. It's priceless when we see our children develop a love of reading! :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now