KS3 SATs levels

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Re: KS3 SATs levels

Post by Daogroupie »

I disagree. Maths is part of life and it is a shame to see it as a chore. A Year Five boy said me this week that he finds it puzzling that other children in his class see Maths as a punishment instead of something to enjoy. He has been made to feel guilty about wanting to do maths. We enjoy maths and do it together. Hopefully you will not have to make your dd do maths but instead you will enjoy doing a little bit together amidst other enjoyable things you will do over the holidays. DG
onlyson

Post by onlyson »

Hiya,thanks for the responses :) Just wanted to add that i didn't intend to spend the whole summer working poor DS, he definitely had enough of that last summer :lol: I just really need to keep his maths brain ticking with a bit of gentle exercise. Anyway, this is all subject to a bit of cooperation from him because after all sometimes, mum proposes aqnd SON disposes!!! We'll see how we go :lol:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

have a look at some puzzle type activities, logic puzzle books etc.

That'll keep him ticking over, combined with real life stuff like " how much will tickets for all of us cost? Is it cheaper to get a family ticket? If you go out timetables, brochures, weather pages, etc contain loads of hidden maths....
( have used them for maths lessons many a time)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now