KS2 SATS underway

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Alex

KS2 SATS underway

Post by Alex »

I asked my son how the tests had gone today and was pleased to hear that that they were "fine, much better than the practices" until he added "because I know I don't have to go over them afterwards and see all the mistakes I made"!
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

LOL.. That is hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AM
sj355

Post by sj355 »

Appeal Mum wrote:LOL.. That is hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AM
Oh, my. :lol: I think that my son has the same feelings about it as well. Seriously however, he found the science tests yesterday much easier than he expected, and finished a lot earlier so had lots of time to double-check for mistakes. Today is his favourite, writing and spelling but tomorrow is his dreaded, comprehension where he never manages to finish on time (apparently precise and concise are not two words he is very familar with).
sj355
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Maybe our children could swop tests.

My daughter dreaded today but can't wait for tomorrow's reading tests.

AM
sj355

Post by sj355 »

]Maybe our children could swop tests.

My daughter dreaded today but can't wait for tomorrow's reading tests.

Dear AM,

My son would not mind wearing a wig. Would you daughter object to sporting a short hair wig and taking SATS at a Finchley school tomorrow? :wink:

All the very best,
sj355
SJ

Post by SJ »

My little man said that there were questions in the science papers that they had not covered in the syllabus. Whether this is because he changed schools in Yr 6 and this school covered it in Yr5 and his old school was leaving this part of the syllabus to Yr6 I am not sure, but to say the least he was somewhat concerned!
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Is the whole of England's SATs papers the same?

My daughter had a short paper on the beginning of a mystery story and a longer paper composing an environment leaflet.

Was everybody’s the same? Or is it done per county?

AM

Post by Guest »

Papers are the same nationally.
sj355

Post by sj355 »

Appeal Mum wrote:Is the whole of England's SATs papers the same?

My daughter had a short paper on the beginning of a mystery story and a longer paper composing an environment leaflet.

Was everybody’s the same? Or is it done per county?
Yes, it is England-wide. Mine had exactly the same as the one you described above.

All the best,
sj355
jah

Post by jah »

Year 4 son was complaining yesterday that we were all more concerned about year 6 daughter's SATs than his school exams.

Year 6 daughter just wants to get to the end, as they have spent so long revising and doing past papers. She's getting bored, and is looking forward to moving on to some new topics. I don't know how much new work they will actually do in the rest of the year as it seems it will be taken up with the Year 6 week away, and the Year 6 Summer production. I suppose the week away will lead to some new science and geography topic work. At least she keeps reading!

:?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now