Level 6 SATS.

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ginx

Re: Level 6 SATS.

Post by ginx »

Pumpkin Pie, I usually agree with you on most things.

Regarding helping dc at secondary school, occasionally we help them if we notice they are struggling on "mymaths". My dd1 (year 9)'s teacher told us to help her by practising learning German vocab occasionally, English spellings still (she struggles). We have also discussed their English books, namely Holes, Lord of the Flies, Of Mice and Men.

I don't help much but do feel when dd1/ds1 (who struggle with various things, as is shown as "possible concern" on their school reports).

I have to admit, I leave dd2 (who seems to have passed the 11+) to get on with it. She is lucky, she does minimum homework but sails through tests. Apart from the level 6 maths. She has told me she tried a level 6 English exam and got 6 out of 32! She did "Man and Machines" from SATS-papers from 2011. She is not expected to pass English level 6. So I am not sure why her teacher is asking her to bother.Why put a dc in for an exam she's been told she isn't going to pass?

When tests/end of year exams are approaching, I nag them to revise and ask ds1 (year 10) and dd1 (year 9) them random questions about topics.

I hate SATS and don't know whether to help dd2 revise. She isn't keen but doesn't like doing badly at school. I do feel I'd rather she had a good solid 5b than 6 and hope she gets a 5a. Why they do level 6 at ks2 is beyond me ... :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now