Level Six English Paper

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
countrymum

Re: Level Six English Paper

Post by countrymum »

moved wrote:No level 6 is given if a 5 isn't achieved on the 3-5 test.
This is where it's gets confusing, not what my school told me. I think the feeling was it would be a bit of a :shock: if she got the 4 as is working nicely at 5a. Maybe they thought I was asking a silly question.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

http://education.gov.uk/schools/teachin ... 6/ks2-2013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Headteachers should consider a child’s expected attainment before entering them for the level 6 tests as they should already be demonstrating attainment above level 5. The child must achieve a level 5 in the level 3-5 test and pass the corresponding level 6 test in the same year to be awarded an overall level 6 result. If the child does not pass the level 6 test they will be awarded the level achieved in the level 3-5 test.
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

mitasol wrote:http://education.gov.uk/schools/teachin ... 6/ks2-2013
Headteachers should consider a child’s expected attainment before entering them for the level 6 tests as they should already be demonstrating attainment above level 5. The child must achieve a level 5 in the level 3-5 test and pass the corresponding level 6 test in the same year to be awarded an overall level 6 result. If the child does not pass the level 6 test they will be awarded the level achieved in the level 3-5 test.
Thank you!
KS10

Post by KS10 »

DD's school is offering two extra classes a week (8am!) for those entered for Level 6 English. I tried everything in my power to explain to her why I was against it, but she is adamant that she wants to have a go. She even remembered to pack her folder because it contained the reply slip, whereas I usually have to remind her. I really thought I'd be able to talk her round. I just don't see the point of it all.
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Wow KS10 that's keen of the school! 8am, ha my DD would definitely prefer her extra 15 minutes in bed :lol: :wink:

DD, just has some extra short 'level 6' papers within her homework to do, and a not many at that as I believe especially the English there aren't that many '6's' to hand in the first place.

Pah! Why don't they just call it a level 5 (a)* much simpler :roll:
moved

Post by moved »

Exceptional primary performance.

However, why don't we object to L3 in yr 2?
KS10

Post by KS10 »

The average for Year 2 is level 2 something. The average for Year 6 is level 4 something. Level 5 is the level 3 of Year 6. Level 6 is a step too far imho for kids who are supposedly already achieving level 5. That's how I see it.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I forgot ... as far as I'm aware, the children in Year 2 don't have to go to silly lengths to achieve level 3, or do they? I have to admit that I didn't have much of an opinion about anything until I joined EPE. My eyes have been well and truly opened.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

level 6 at KS2 just seems another example of grade inflation. level 5 is no longer 'good enough.'
moved

Post by moved »

One more good reason to bin levels - must be the only thing that I agree with in the new curriculum. :mrgreen:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now