Results soon...

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mgnmum

Re: Results soon...

Post by Mgnmum »

well we were hoping for our results in school reports, maybe tomorrow or thursday at latest, but guess what an ofsted inspection instead! so now not till friday and the kids all really cross, parents evening cancelled tonight and tomorrow afternoon, year 6 rehearsals for their leaving play cancelled so they can do 'normal' classes which they havent done for 3 weeks now, secondary transfer day on thursday so no year 6's available at all, and head teacher leaving in 10 days so really dont see the point, would be far better if they came next term with new head!
PROBSNAIVE

Post by PROBSNAIVE »

My daughter got 2 level 6's and a level 5 in reading, apparently one mark away from a level 6. The headteacher is asking for this to be remarked.
ginx

Post by ginx »

PROBSNAIVE, that's brilliant! I wonder if we'll get dd2's levels today. I don't have high hopes or expectations but 5's would be good.
PROBSNAIVE

Post by PROBSNAIVE »

Thanks Ginx. I think our 11plus preparation really helped her on the difficult questions. Its a shame though because I'm not really sure what the levels really mean for her as she didn't get the school she worked so hard for (Dame Alice Owens in Hertfordshire). So feeling a little deflated :(
because I know she is so bright and would have thrived there.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/tea ... old-tables" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really surprised at the level thresholds as the maths papers were much more straightforward this year and level 6 was not challenging enough.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Dd2 very upset, no 6's. Which is why I wish she hadn't sat any. Then she'd be pleased with her 5's. She's not a happy girl. :(
Amber

Post by Amber »

ginx wrote:Dd2 very upset, no 6's. Which is why I wish she hadn't sat any. Then she'd be pleased with her 5's. She's not a happy girl. :(
Ginx, come on! No one cares about these things. Really, no one cares! So tell her not to either!

I am totally astonished tbh that anyone is 'waiting for results' of KS2 tests! Ours appeared in the end of year school reports and were not mentioned before or since (this was only last year, most recently). I can also say, as the mother of someone who did attain that primary level 6 (not a 'real' level 6, as G55 has patiently explained many times), it has made not one jot of difference to anything he has done. He's finished this year on a level 7 as he would have had he been a level 5 I expect - he has done well in the end of year exam in what he has been taught during Year 7, as he would have done without the level 6, which the school disregarded anyway.

Tell your daughter it was taken for the school, not her, that the only person stressing over it will be her head teacher, and that there are far more important things in this life than a poxy SATs score. I can show her a very successful young lady who didn't even get level 5s and has a raft of top grade GCSEs to her name now.

Get her out in the sunshine - it might not last much longer. x
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

:oops: I'd forgotten about these! I guess we'll find out in her end of school report. Ah hope your DD isn't too disheartened Ginx - I agree with Amber, and she should be so proud of her 5's, that's super!!

We're so busy with end of year stuff the sats result angst really has taken a back burner and DD's really not bothered about getting 6's, however she is quite chuffed to have been told is now working at a level 6(c) and has reached all her targets in her Literacy. We're not going to get bogged down with specific results as I've always said working at, and day to day level more important for us. And of course they have an assessment when start secondary.

Well done to all the children!! And as Amber says, enjoy the sun :D
nicolajane1971

Post by nicolajane1971 »

Hi Guys,

I am clearly a complete numpty as DS SATS results are confusing me, he has results for speaking and listening, reading, writing (teacher assessed), then it gives an English result in bold, followed by test results for reading and grammar, punctuation and spelling. Are some parts of the English results 'teacher assessed' and some parts sent away or are we just being given his actual test results and then his teacher assessed results too?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

writing is now teacher assessed, rest sent away ( other than speaking and listening of course!)