When is bed time ?

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tinkers

Re: When is bed time ?

Post by Tinkers »

Peridot wrote:Tinkers is right - I have a feeling children of that age should be having way more than 8 hours' sleep a night. There is research on this available online although I couldn't tell you where offhand.

http://www.nhs.uk/livewell/childrenssle ... sleep.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(And I believe I'm usually right :lol: )
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Tinkers wrote:
Peridot wrote:Tinkers is right - I have a feeling children of that age should be having way more than 8 hours' sleep a night. There is research on this available online although I couldn't tell you where offhand.

http://www.nhs.uk/livewell/childrenssle ... sleep.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(And I believe I'm usually right :lol: )
And you've gone green :mrgreen:
scary mum
BLuedrop

Post by BLuedrop »

Thanks everyone!

I managed to get him to sleep by 8:30 today. Phew! Such a task! He has always been a light sleeper.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Well done Bluedrop. Fingers crossed he's not up extra early then....

Yamin I totally agree with you about weekend lie-ins. Don't get one on a Saturday as I'm working then but I look forward to Sunday morning all week!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Peridot wrote:Well done Bluedrop. Fingers crossed he's not up extra early then....

Yamin I totally agree with you about weekend lie-ins. Don't get one on a Saturday as I'm working then but I look forward to Sunday morning all week!
Oh I bet you do! It's also the ability, not just to sleep later, but to mooch around in dressing gown drinking coffee and so on, without having to rush to make lunch/do a school run/find a missing book/remind about a music lesson/make myself look half human that is so nice!!
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

:D