Can I find the curriculum of the Westminster Under school?

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
fantasyvn2008

Can I find the curriculum of the Westminster Under school?

Post by fantasyvn2008 »

Could I ask for your advice?

I am looking for the curriculum of the Westminster Under school, which is attached to Westminster School in London.

The reason is I want to compare what a child learns there compared to a state school, where my child is at the moment. I would like to estimate whether my child is learning enough for their entrance exam, based on the curriculum and lesson plans.

There is some info on the school's website but it is very brief.

Do I need to pay some service to have that curriculum?

My sincere thanks,
Daogroupie

Re: Can I find the curriculum of the Westminster Under schoo

Post by Daogroupie »

I have known of students who got into Westminster for the past three years. What they revised for the state eleven plus exams and then Habs , City and St Albans was enough to get them a place. Their comprehension papers are quite straightforward, it was Peter Pan last year and the Maths was general eleven plus standard.

What you are learning at your state school will not be enough, but all the material on this forum will be enough to prepare your ds for the exam. DG
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

I'd be interested to know this too. I know at the Open days they gave out a past English exam paper which imo was quite a challenge for the average 10-11 (but I guess they're not looking for the average!!).
um

Post by um »

It's not the same school but Dulwich Prep have all the curriculum online and here in Birmingham I have been loosely 'following' some of that with my 6 yr old who has not been at school.

There are tabled termly plans for younger children but some good ideas for Yr 5 and 6 here:
http://www.dulwichpreplondon.org/page/? ... en&pid=315" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now