KS2 SATS 2016

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hel_tcw

Re: KS2 SATS 2016

Post by hel_tcw »

Very interesting reading!

Has there been a post looking at 11+ score versus SATs score (for those DC who sat them)?

My DD got 130 in the Berks 11+; and the following in her SATs 108 in spag; 115 in Reading and 120 (100%) in maths.
However in her teacher assessments she only had EXS (working at expected standard.)
[would love to know what someone needed to do to get a GDS - greater depth at expected standard!]
Last edited by hel_tcw on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

hel_tcw wrote:[would love to know what someone needed to do to get a GDS - greater depth at expected standard!]
DD's school said they could only report GDS for writing, not for the other teacher assessments.
And it is interesting reading, thanks MCC.

JD
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

JamesDean wrote:
hel_tcw wrote:[would love to know what someone needed to do to get a GDS - greater depth at expected standard!]
DD's school said they could only report GDS for writing, not for the other teacher assessments.
And it is interesting reading, thanks MCC.

JD
DSs school said the same. Not sure why this is and very much hoping that the secondary schools are geared up for setting appropriately when the vast majority are going to arrive with expected :roll: How can they use the results if there is no definitive answer as to what is an exceeding score?

Monochromecat your information is interesting and if correct would confirm that my DS is, as he always has been, in the top 20% academically despite what a review panel decided whilst ignoring the recommendation of two headteachers who know him :evil: Not that I'm bitter or twisted or anything :lol:
moved

Post by moved »

Schools will use the scaled scores for English and maths. They will be comparable year on year, although more children will 'pass' next year as those schools who were unaware of the new standard will teach to it!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

That makes sense Moved and yes I guess scores will go up until another government takes over and decides because of the high scores this new curriculum isn't rigorous enough and changes it again; and so the circle of education goes on :roll: