SATS Week

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
PurpleDuck

Re: SATS Week

Post by PurpleDuck »

nyr wrote:Too late! I've been there and done it ...

If you run through the test then, for each question, it tells you the percentage of people (presumably adults) who answered correctly. The fairly low results for some of the questions is quite interesting and perhaps a worrying testimony to some of quasimodo's posts.

BTW, I think the questions are from the DfE sample paper rather than the test yesterday.

nyr
Oooops! You may be right about the questions coming from the sample paper, but I will soon get to the point where nothing will surprise me when it comes to this year's SATs! And yes, some of those low scores looked somewhat worrying.

I saw a comment somewhere on Michael Rosen's FB page suggesting that the comprehension on Monday 'looked very familiar' to those who used Schofield & Sims comprehension booklet... :roll:
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Amber

Post by Amber »

PurpleDuck wrote:Amber, how do I find this on FB, please? I searched for Michael Rosen and only saw his private page - does he have an 'official' page with his posts, or do I have to request to be his FB 'friend'?
He is full of friends now but you can like or follow his page and then you will get his posts straight into your home page. He is a marvel at the moment and a galvanising force for those against the education reforms.
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Amber wrote:
PurpleDuck wrote:Amber, how do I find this on FB, please? I searched for Michael Rosen and only saw his private page - does he have an 'official' page with his posts, or do I have to request to be his FB 'friend'?
He is full of friends now but you can like or follow his page and then you will get his posts straight into your home page. He is a marvel at the moment and a galvanising force for those against the education reforms.
Yes, he is. Thank you, Amber. :D
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Imranali

Post by Imranali »

DD said they were OK. They were a bit pressed for time especially in the reasoning maths paper and the comprehension. DD's school are individually writing to Nicky Morgan about the SPaG paper. Anyway, one more test to go and then all the testing is finished!
ash14

Post by ash14 »

My ds has said they were harder then the sample papers night the school and we had been working on :/
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

ash14 wrote:My ds has said they were harder then the sample papers night the school and we had been working on :/
Please tell your DS not to worry, it really is not worth it. Thankfully it's the last day of SATs today so tell him to forget all about it and enjoy the sunny weather. :)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I believe some school have the Science sampling tests ...

I think there are also trials of the mental maths test in June.
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Guest55 wrote:I believe some school have the Science sampling tests ...

I think there are also trials of the mental maths test in June.
I was a bit surprised to find out DS doesn't do science in year 6 at all, because 'they don't need it for SATs'. Last time he had some sort of science lesson was in year 5!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

PurpleDuck wrote: I was a bit surprised to find out DS doesn't do science in year 6 at all, because 'they don't need it for SATs'. Last time he had some sort of science lesson was in year 5!
:shock: Wow - DD was doing science yesterday, as well as art in the afternoon. I'm pleased to say that the SATs don't seem to have impacted on their timetable at all, just taken when they would have otherwise been doing maths or literacy.

Day of fun tomorrow though, and I've just bumped into our HT in Tescos buying them all ice lollies for this afternoon :D

JD
Rugbylady13

Post by Rugbylady13 »

My DD's school have been doing science as well as art , computing, forest school, cookery, pe, music and lots of other stuff as well as SATS stuff all 5 year. Her school is doing a science test tomorrow morning as well but don't think it is an official test as only going to be an hour long.

She has not been stressed at all, hasn't had too much homework all year and so SATS week has luckily been a breeze.

This week when they haven't been doing tests they have had fun and lots of fresh air.