Educational Programmes for 7 year old

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
EssexLady

Educational Programmes for 7 year old

Post by EssexLady »

Hi All,

Could you kindly share the Telly programmes your kids watch? My kids are already bored with the regular cartoon stuff, moreover I want them to see sth. informative, sensible stuff that increases their knowledge too. Any pointers?

Thanks
ToadMum

Re: Educational Programmes for 7 year old

Post by ToadMum »

EssexLady wrote:Hi All,

Could you kindly share the Telly programmes your kids watch? My kids are already bored with the regular cartoon stuff, moreover I want them to see sth. informative, sensible stuff that increases their knowledge too. Any pointers?

Thanks
Big Bang Theory
NCIS
Dr Who
Murdoch Mysteries
The Simpsons
Only Connect
Castle
Inside the Factory
Pretty Little Liars
Victorian Farm / Edwardian Farm (basically, anything with Ruth Goodman doing the 'history' bits :D ).

Obviously, our DC are a little older :lol: (14, 16 and a 19 year old away at university, to be precise). Of the above, though, I would recommend Murdoch, the Farms and Inside the Factory for their educational value - with the latter two being rather more age appropriate.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
food4thought

Post by food4thought »

Mythbusters! but not sure where it is shown these days...
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

12 year old currently addicted to Fake Britain.
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

One of the things I don't mind watching with them is Good Mythical Morning on YouTube. Not always educational but can be quite funny.
EssexLady

Post by EssexLady »

Thank you so much :)
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Having watched 9 seasons of the Big Bang Theory (plus some random ones from the 10) I wouldn't advise it suitable watching for a 7 year old. Too much adult humour.
My 15yo loves it though, so do we. It's hilarious.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Tinkers wrote:Having watched 9 seasons of the Big Bang Theory (plus some random ones from the 10) I wouldn't advise it suitable watching for a 7 year old. Too much adult humour.
My 15yo loves it though, so do we. It's hilarious.
I endorse the big bang theory which my now 13 year old has been watching with her mum.She has been watching it since 11.

Others include Just Kidding,Copycats,Horrible Histories and Deadly 60 on CBBC,RSPCA Animal Rescue on Sky living,Ingenious Animals on BBC1 and all of David Attenborough's programmes.The Crystal Maze on Challenge.

All the different series of Death in Paradise but 7 may be too young for these murder mysteries.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now