optional sat test in year 3

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pumpkinoune

optional sat test in year 3

Post by pumpkinoune »

My boy took an optional sat test paper. There were 2 tests: level 2/3 and level 3/4. Because the teacher thought he was able she gave him level 3/4. Funnily enough we found the test paper on the internet, it was an old test paper. Do you know what is the level threshold? what % do you need to get a level 3? and if you fail the level 3 do they give you a level 2 or do they ask the child to take the level 2/ 3 test.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

These tests are not set each year - schools use them as they wish (i.e. decide which date they will be sat on) and the papers are used for a couple of years.

More details on:

http://www.qca.org.uk/eara/175.asp

level thresholds on:

http://www.qca.org.uk/qca_8740.aspx
KB

Post by KB »

I was aware that they didn't have new papers every year - actually I thought it was every 4 years. But surely the current paper shouldn't be available on the internet?
The tests may only be for school use but any purpose they have in tracking children's progress and highlighting areas of weakness so they get the help they need is totally lost if parents can prepare them for specific questions in advance. :o
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

It's not just the parents that prepare them in advance ..... I've heard of a teacher doing it too.
pumpkinoune

Post by pumpkinoune »

i spoke to the teacher last night, i told her that i found teh papers on line and she justr said that she was sent the paper. the test they got wa sthe test that was given in 2006.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now