SATS Levels

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Is This A Good Score To Get For A Headteacher s Appeal? ( Read my question above)

Poll ended at Sat May 21, 2011 9:32 pm

Rubbish
25%
Ok
No votes
Adverage
No votes
Good
38%
Excellent
38%
Genius
No votes

Total votes: 8

vetgal

SATS Levels

Post by vetgal »

Hi My Name Is Emma :)
And I am In Year 5 going into Year 6 And In My Year 5 SATS I recieved In Reading-5c, Writing-5c and in Maths-5b. Would You Say This Is Good For A Headteachers appeal Just Incase I dont Pass. Also When I practiced Verbal for the 11+ I got 97.6% and I think I am Getting Over Confident, can Any1 Help me with this?

By The Way Are there any Other Good 11+ Sites Like This 1?
Thanks Emma x :D
Emma
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Hi there!

Did you sit a test or are these levels assessed by your teacher?

Which part of the country are you in?
vetgal

Post by vetgal »

Hi
I sat a couple of tests and i live in south east england.
thankyou for replying :D
Emma
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The Y5 optional tests might be the tests you took - these would be very good levels. An appeal panel would also look at the predictions for Y6 and any other tests you have sat e.g. CATs tests

I would say you would cope well in a GS - but do keep practising those papers so you won't need to think about an appeal!
vetgal

Post by vetgal »

Hi Guest55
Thankyou for replying you have been a great help, but i think i am getting wat to over confident. How can i make my self a little less confident as it isn't good to be to confident?
LOL Thankyou again Emma x :P
Emma
dejavu

Over confidence

Post by dejavu »

Dear Emma

Well done for getting such such levels in your year 5 Sats. It is obviously a great confidence boost. But you must remember that when you take a Sats test that the result is measured from that one test - and you might actually have an "off" day". I know this from experience, as a number of my daughter's classmates got level 5c in their year 5 English Sats but only got level 4 in their year 6 ones. The same came apply with the 11plus (in Bucks, anyway, although you do get two shots at it).

But Emma, I would suggest that you thoroughly check your work and grammar when you are doing your exams - it is so easy to lose points by rushing or being careless. As an example - check your spelling of received.
many thanks
dejavu
dejavu

Checking work

Post by dejavu »

Dear Emma

See what I mean about checking work. I should have said "can" instead of "came"!
many thanks
dejavu
vetgal

Post by vetgal »

Oh Yeah Thanks I Didn't Realise that I Had Spelt Received wrong :oops: As I said Thankyou. But I never know How To Spell Words That Have ei or ie together LOL.
Thankyou So Much :D
Emma
wardie

Post by wardie »

Head teacher appeals depend on your particular school policy on appeals. {as not all schools get involved.}

Our school made a point of seeing parents and telling them face to face the chances of X passing or borderline or not likely to pass. They also confirmed whether they would support x with a head teacher appeal.

Maybe your parents could ask the school but I think you sound like a very bright individual and wouldn't need the appeal.

Keep up the good work and GOOD LUCK!

Love Wardie
vetgal

Post by vetgal »

Thankyou Wardie. and yes my school did tell my parents that they think I will pass, and they will definiterly appeal if i don't pass. But I just Took a Maths Test and got 35/50 wich I think Is Really Rubish I keep thinking I am a failure And That I will Get a job as a garbige Lady (sorry to anyone who is a garbage lady but I wouldn't be able to cope) :( . But can I still become a vet If I Dont Go To a Grammar school cos it is My Life Goal I love Animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
Emma
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now