Evidence of class size

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bucksdad8623

Re: Evidence of class size

Post by bucksdad8623 »

Could you also argue that extra children bring extra funding which could be used (in part) to purchase extra equipment if really needed.
easter

Post by easter »

Don't apologise for butting in...all comments and thoughts are so useful. Our school have made similar points and say the pupil funding will not be enough to cover the inconvenience of an extra child. Impossible to know whether the panel will agree with this as fact or query it. If I'm brave enough to ask questions I will try! I just think I will be too nervous.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Each additional child brings in funding but not immediately; it's a false argument.

I would worry about their finacial management if they can't cope with that given the other things that happen in a school.
MillyMollyMandy

Post by MillyMollyMandy »

I can't believe they don't have a spare laptop for when one goes wrong ...

Rooms can be timetabled that CAN take 30+. We had a student with a mobility problem and had to timetable around that.
That's what I argued but it fell on deaf ears (appeal was heard last year). The appeal panel also said in their decision that they couldn't admit DC because there wasn't room in the dining room or corridors (even though the school had less on roll than in their funding agreement and less than other local grammar schools of a similar size).

Does make you question the independence of some schools' appeals process but I have seen from this website that it is not the same in all areas and that some other Admission Authorities do seem to have a genuine desire to offer a fair and independent appeal process so I hope, Easter, that you are in such an area. Good luck.
easter

Post by easter »

That is bad news MillyMollyMandy. I hope you got sorted and to a good school in the end. i'm not holding out any hope - the chance of winning an appeal looks very slim. But i would regret it if i didn't at least give it a shot.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now