Slough appeals procedure

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Iby

Slough appeals procedure

Post by Iby »

Hi guys, so my son missed out of elegibility of the Slough Consortium schools by 2 marks.. can anyone pla advise how i go about appealing. Highly confused with all the info going around. Thanks in advance.
Tinkers

Re: Slough appeals procedure

Post by Tinkers »

You’ll need to put the School down on your CAF and have the application rejected on the 1st March. You can’t appeal until then and you will be given the info to do this then.

In the mean time I’d suggest you read this
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which has lots of very useful info about how to appeal.
Iby

Post by Iby »

Thank you for that.. so its going to be a long waiting game.. as if the stress levels arent high enough !! I dont need to submit anything at this stage ???
Iby

Post by Iby »

Also when completing the CAF, after the grammar schools do i also list the non selective school also or not. Hope that makes sense.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Iby wrote:Thank you for that.. so its going to be a long waiting game.. as if the stress levels arent high enough !! I dont need to submit anything at this stage ???

Nothing to submit now. Just put the School you want first on the CAF so you get rejected, then you can appeal.

Make sure you put a School down you are happy with and would very likely get too.

I don’t know much about Slough appeals, but believe it will be very unlikely to succeed, so hope for the best but expect not to be successful.
Iby

Post by Iby »

Yes i will have to agree with you there. The schools in Slough are heavily oversubscribed, so i wont hold my breathe. My son is distraught, therefore have to give it a go for him...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now